Sunday, 6 April 2014

Physical health

This week, I made a decision to change my life around. Ever since I sprained my wrist in December of last year (I stupidly punched a wall), I was very hesitant to hit the gym. I couldn't move my wrist, nor carry even just a small weight on it. It was inconvenient, to say the least, and got in the way of many things. Ever since then, I relied on mandatory physical training from the ROTC to keep in shape, which I think is not enough to keep the pace that I was one at.

So this week, after a realisation in my room, I decided to get back on my former regiments. I am currently typing this with a very sore upper body, because I may have gone a bit too hard yesterday. Nonetheless, I missed this sore feeling! Like the saying goes, "No pain, no gain." It's important to be physically healthy because it affects the balance of every aspect of your body from mental, spiritual, to emotional.

Speaking of balance, I want to note that it's pretty important to balance your body during workouts as well. Often too many times, we see that guy with the big, ripped upper body standing on his chicken legs. Legs are easy to forget because it doesn't seem that important. However, to have a strong upper body, you also need a strong lower body to support it. So guys and gals, don't get too lazy on those squats!

I hope all of you take some time out of your busy life to dedicate it to you physical health. It'll be worth it. Trust me!

Cheers,
Min

2 comments:

  1. The brand new gym at my school is FINALLY about to open and I walk by it every day promising I will make an effort to get back into working out regularly. I find that when I make that extra effort to get a work out in, my overall mood is happier and I always have more energy to get me through the day. Good luck and don't get lazy :) Remember eating well helps too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boyfriend has chubby legs, lol
    because he concentrates on making bigger his arms, so he has unbalance legs.

    ReplyDelete