Sunday, 4 May 2014

Readiness

This week was a pretty good week. Despite budget cuts across the Department of Defense, I was selected to go to Field Training, which is a mandatory boot camp required if I want to become an officer in the Air Force. This year, the selection rate was 60% across the nation, which was a historically low rate compared to the other years. However, the fact that I was selected lifted much weight off my shoulders.

So the next step? It's to continue prepping for Field Training, which is going to be three weeks of physically and mentally exhausting training. I will be leaving right after finals, which puts me in a "crunch time" mode right now. I need to go through my extensive checklist, making sure that I am more than ready for this training.

The point of this blog is to emphasize readiness. Many times, we end up procrastinating the little things that we push aside without much thought. The paper that's due two weeks from now, the trash that can be taken out in minutes, the room that needs to be cleaned, the list goes on and on. Unless we take action to these things, they will always remain as something that needs to be done someday.

One day, the deadline will be right in front of your nose, and there won't be much you can do about it. This is one of the biggest struggles of students. Time management is not impossible, even amidst the busiest of schedules.

I hope that this coming week, you will all be able to manage your time well, and get things done in an orderly manner. Finals are coming up, good luck all!

2 comments:

  1. I am not a good time manager. That's why I am always stress out when too much papers due at same time. Many things are in my mind these days, works, school, PCS, school transferring, and the trip to Vietnam...I am overwhelming. I cant wait for this semester over so I can have more time to focus on other things. Wish you luck with your Field Training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My biggest problem is time management. As my mom always says, "Don't put off for tomorrow, what you can do today!"

    ReplyDelete