Sunday, 2 March 2014

Time Management

Hey folks!

This week, I want to write about time management. This week has been one of the busiest weeks of the semester. I had physical training and classes in the morning from Monday, and also spent the rest of my time moving out of my dorm into my new dorm which I was assigned as an RA. Immediately afterwards, I had to catch the bus to report to Hickam Air Force Base because I am on military orders for two weeks. This crazy schedule led me with no time for any leisure whatsoever, nor did I even get a full night's rest for a bit. But I'm still alive! And that's because I learned how to manage my time wisely.

Time management is a skill that must be acquired, and it's not easy. It's easy to fall victim to procrastination (I still do) and distractions on the internet and such, but the first thing to remember are your priorities. My priorities include the Air Force, school, and sleep. Partying is not so much my priority right now because it's a crucial time for me. The Air Force provides me with a job, and school is a must. Getting enough hours of sleep allows me to function and do what I need to do throughout the day.

It's easy to become overwhelmed, and like I learned in Professor Giano's COM201 class last week, breaking point is very real. I take on many roles, but I am learning how to manage them. Sometimes, I just need to take a step back and look at all the things I need to prioritise in order. That gives me a sense of relief at times.

When you are met with so many things to do, you need to tackle them one by one. A baby does not run as soon as he or she first starts to walk. A baby takes little steps at a time, and eventually learns how to run. Just like that, when you accomplish things one by one, you start to feel a sense of relief and accomplishment, and it's a sweet, sweet feeling.

So take a deep breath, and start managing your time wisely! Time is money, and that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment